Saturday 2 June 2012

A blissful day

I had such a lovely day yesterday. It started off in the best way possible, with a sleep-in, then comprised an hour long pump class, trolling the internet, a small amount of uni work, a lovely chat with the parentals and then, the best part of all, leisure reading! My golly I have missed reading things that I want to read. My weeks have been filled with academic readings such as Diachronic studies of linguistic landscapes in Ukraine and Gendered and Racialized discourses of national identity that take so much brainpower to internally translate into understandable English in order to understand what the heck it is the author is actually saying. So reading a book that I actually wanted to read was just fabulous. This book was Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons, which I had started at the beginning of the year but had to put down on account of the aforementioned readings.

 I finished the book off in the evening and didn't really think much of it. It was just ok, but nevertheless it was delightful to be reading again and I plan on doing  much more of this during the mid-year break :) I have since begun a book that my flatmate lent me, Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain which is so far proving hard to put down.

A snack I made for myself during yesterday's blissful period of reading..


Cheese and tomato with basil pesto, capsicum and cracked pepper on meal mates....Yum.

And this is what I made myself for dinner...

Toasted turkish bread topped with herbed cream cheese, spinach, tomato, cheese, baked garlic field mushroom, capsicum and cracked pepper. Delish. 
Hope you are all having a fab weekend :)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...