Tuesday 9 July 2013

Things that make people interesting

1)      Travel - One of the things I find most interesting to talk about is travel experiences. This is always a one-sided conversation (so it is potentially not as interesting to the person I’m conversing with) because I have yet to leave New Zealand. I love hearing where people have gone, what they’ve seen, and their thoughts on what’s worth seeing and what isn’t. People who are well travelled are worldlier and tend to be super interesting.

2)      Career - Someone with a career that sounds interesting or that I’m unfamiliar with gives that person points on the interesting scale. Imagine the conversations you could have with a taxidermist or criminal lawyer! I have friends in a range of occupations like graphic design, radiography, hairdressing, childcare, accounting, physiotherapy, photography and psycology so I'm pretty spoilt for interesting career talks. I find some jobs are just fascinating. 

3)      Opinionated - Someone who is opinionated is an interesting person. I'm not talking about people who have an opinion about everything, cause that's just annoying. I'm talking about people who are well informed and can hold a decent conversation about something and back up their argument. These people are interesting because there is always an event or something that has led them to hold such beliefs.

4)      Risk-taker - I like to think I'm quite the risk-taker myself. I find people who do things out of the ordinary/out of their comfort zone quite interesting. Perhaps this is because I wish I had the guts to do the same sometimes. 

5)      Avid book reader - I don't really need to explain this one as I have stated before how I love people that read. It's so hot, and to have a deep conversation with someone about a book is one of the best things in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...