Thursday 7 February 2013

Chivalry

So my friend and I watched The Notebook the other night (prob my 6th time or so). While the movie itself made me sad, something else that made me sad was noticing just how dead chivalry is within modern society. The way that Noah chases Allie and woos her is just adorable, and made even more so to modern viewers because it's such a rarity nowadays. I know the movie is set in the 40s and society has changed, which is to be expected of course, but this is something that shouldn't have changed. These days if a girl holds back at all it's "too much effort" and they're quickly forgotten. That's not to say it's all the fault of males though. Girls are definitely 'easier' these days too, meaning the guy doesn't have to make as much effort and therefore gets used to making less effort....it's a vicious cycle.

I know this is not always the case, and there are exceptions (though few and far between). One of my close friends is actually currently being pursued by a guy who is making every effort. It's super cute. Unfortunately she isn't really keen, but still, I commend his efforts and respect his determination!! And you never know, all his efforts might just pay off in the end.

I wish we could go back to the days where guys took girls out to dinner and the movies and bought them flowers and made all sorts of efforts to win them over. And I don't think it would be too hard to get back to that, cause if a guy really likes a girl he will make an effort. And if girls weren't so loose then guys would have the opportunity and motivation to do so.

You may agree or disagree, which is fine, but you can't argue with the fact that chivalry is rather rare these days. And I think that's sad.
xx

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...