Sunday 6 January 2013

Oruawharo

Today I attended my Grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary luncheon. 13 members of my family met at the beautiful Oruawharo Homestead in Takapau, a place that is a bit off the beaten track but well worth a visit. It is an absolutely spectacular building, with so much character. It kind of reminds me of a Jane Austen era type home. My favourite room of them all (and there are many, many rooms) was the library which featured a wall of floor to ceiling bookcases and comfy chairs for reading. We had a lovely luncheon consisting of tea, devonshire scones, club sandwiches, ginger gems, mini savouries, strawberry tarts and fruit juice. All served on gorgeous tiered plate stands. After lunch we took some photos in the gardens and then played a bit of petanque (which I'm useless at btw). Unfortunately I didn't get very many photos. I forgot my proper camera, silly me. It was all so instragram-worthy too :(

I discovered a wooden swing suspended to a big old tree and quite enjoyed that for a while:
Visit Oruawharo if you ever get the chance.
xx

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...