Sunday 30 December 2012

The old resolutions

So the time has come to welcome in the new year - 2013. I am heading back to Hastings this afternoon to see the new year in with my best friends. I am really quite excited. We will probably head over to Napier and watch the firework display. So I found my resolutions that I made at the start of this year, and here's how I did:

  • Do really well academically seeing as it's my final (and most important!) year
I did pretty well this year, though I could have done better for sure, but then that's always the case. I'm pretty happy to get top in class for a few of my papers, and to have a degree that has over 50% A grades. It's awesome to have a degree under my belt now! And can't wait for graduation!!
  • Get into the habit of eating really healthily. Three meals a day, everyday. Here's to making this year the one where I finally kick those unhealthy habits!
Don't think I've really achieved this one. Had periods of eating really well but they didn't tend to last very long. I definitely still need to get into the 3 meal a day routine.
  • Keep up regular exercise.
Yes!! Jaclyn and I have been excellent with the gym this year, and I've reached the point where I actually really enjoy going. We've varied things up this year by taking Les Mills classes to supplement our usual cardio sessions, and this has definitely made exercise more enjoyable :)
  • Be more social, and make more friends!
Well I most definitely achieved this one! It has been my most social year to date. The people we flatted with helped with this as they were a social bunch. I have been out pretty much every weekend! It's been great. And I have made more friends as a result. Met so many new, interesting people. Didn't really have many guy mates before this year but I can say I now do, which is cool as.
  • Become more self-confident....somehow...
These all kinda link in with each other. Definitely have become more self-assured and confident. No doubt being way more social has helped in this respect. Actually was talking to Jac about this a little while ago and she said she'd noticed it in me too. This makes me happy :)
  • Go to more gigs!
Haven't really been to many local gigs. But I did go to Coldplay (which was beyond amazing) so that kinda counts, right?
  • Blog more! And maybe get to 10 followers? 
Don't know if I've blogged more but I've kept it up! And yes I surpassed 10 followers! Yuss. 

A kiss for you loyal readers, cause you are awesome :) 
xx

1 comment:

  1. What a year! You did very well sticking to your resolutions! Proud of you :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...