Wednesday 14 November 2012

Coldplay

So, last Thursday I journeyed up to Hamilton and then to Auckland on Saturday to go to the Coldplay concert at Mt Smart Stadium. Having never been to a big concert before, I didn't really know what to expect, though I'd heard that they put on an excellent show. I don't really know how to describe it other than in single adjectives: Amazing. Mind-blowing. Extraordinary. Fantastic. Brilliant.

Every song was a hit, Chris Martin was perfect live (and mega energetic - had to change shirts about 4 times due to sweat soakage), and the crowd were soooo into it. Such a buzz. My personal favourite was Princess of China because the band relocated to the front of the stage (it was a runway sorta shape) which was super close to us!!

Also very cool were the different coloured wristbands that every audience member got. These lit up during certain songs, in time with the music!! Soooooo awesome. The stadium looked like a Christmas tree (minus the tree part hah). The show also included fireworks, confetti blasts, a laser show and these giant inflatable ball thingys that were sent through the audience. It was truly spectacular.

After my first concert experience I can definitely say I am keen to go to many more in the future. And I love Coldplay very very much :)




The Temper Trap (most famous for Sweet Disposition) who opened for Coldplay were also amazing.
All in all, a great experience. I want to go again. 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...