Wednesday 25 April 2012

A spot of craftiness

Har har hardy har so much for being more regular at blogging since I've started back at uni! Two factors have contributed to this slackness: an assignment due soon which is causing me a great deal of stress and being quite sick since Tuesday (not a cough and sore throat sick, actual vommy sick..ick). Feeling a bit better now, though still quite weak and headachey.

But anyho....I have a cousin that I've been writing to for over ten years now who always makes the most beautiful cards for me on birthdays and other special occasions. Because I don't consider myself to be a particularly crafty or creative person, I generally just buy cards to send to her. But this year I thought I'd give making cards a go. I made one for her birthday and also one for Jac's birthday and I was pretty pleased with how they turned out!
Here are my first attempts at the delicate art of card making...

Photo
This was the one I made for Jac (front view). It used 3 different kinds of textured paper, flower shaped sequins and some mesh.

 
This is the one I made for livi (front view), using 2 different kinds of paper, mesh and sequins. The base paper had a lovely home-made paper texture to it and the top paper had ferns indented into it.

While not the best, bear in mind it was my first attempt! haha. I think from now on I will make all cards, its fun :)
xx

2 comments:

  1. Maternal Vessel26 April 2012 at 13:35

    Hey they turned out pretty good!Good job you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...