Saturday 26 November 2011

Book therapy

Don't you just love the deliciousness of sitting down in the sun, with a cold drink and a good book? This is one of my favourite things to do, and I could spend hours doing it (though would turn bright red if I did). It's a great way to de-stress. I went to the annual Lions Book Sale in Hastings last weekend and got ten books, so I have plenty of reading material for summer. I manage to pick up some great bargains at the sale every year, and this year was no exception. I got three which are bestsellers worth about $25 each from a book store, as well as others from favourite authors. Here's what I picked up:


Am currently reading the one at the top - Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones. Pretty good so far! And of course, I couldn't resist buying the latest issue of Frankie when I was in town, and as per usual, it is a glorious issue.


Also, while I was catching up on my favourite blogs I discovered I won a giveaway! Totally made my day! It was from this blog which is aaaaaaaamazing, and by a fellow New Zealander :) See what I won here. Very exciting as I'm relatively new to the blogosphere and haven't ever won anything from a blog before! Choice!

p.s. apologies for not blogging for some time. I've been working insane hours lately and haven't had much time, but I will try to improve :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW!Did you win all that stuff?!! WOW! You are a lucky pig haha! Did you get it yet? Is she the one in Hamilton?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup won all that stuff! mean ae! Yup she's from Hamilton :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...